What kind of drill do I need to drill into concrete?

+7
Need to re-secure a wood slat to the floor, but, need to drill thru the wood for the item I purchased to do that. Need to know what I'm getting into as well!
Thanks

• Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Jun 05, 2018
    Any drill should work as long as you use a concrete or masonry drill bit for the concrete and a wooden bit for the wood. To tell them apart a wooden drill bit has a really sharp pointy bit on the tip and is normally a metallic color. The ones with no sharp point at the tip but more an angle, like a mini pyramid are the concrete ones and they're usually black.
  • Be sure to get a screw made specifically meant for concrete as well, like a Tap Con.
  • Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Jun 05, 2018
    You will need to purchase a drill made for concrete which will be available at your local hardware store. If you have the proper sharp drill along with a little strength you will manage.
    • Robert Robert on Jun 05, 2018
      Thanks Joy,....did buy one that read it was a masonry bit,...hoping it'll do the trick!

Thanks for your reply!
  • DesertRose DesertRose on Jun 05, 2018
    Home improvement stores and even walmart has masonry drill bits for such needs. Hope this helps
    • Robert Robert on Jun 05, 2018
      Thanks Lenora....yea, I just bought one....reads it's for masonry, so,...hoping it'll work.

Thanks for your reply.