Cheryl Phan
Cheryl Phan
  • West Palm Beach, FL

How to Paint Tile Countertops in Three Easy Steps

$30

If you have outdated tile countertops and want to bring them back to life WITHOUT demolishing your space, you’re going to be absolutely amazed at how easy it is to give your kitchen a fresh new look in just one day.
how to paint tile countertops in three easy steps
As you can see this kitchen has good bones and lots of potential. Why rip out the tile and go through the demolition mess when you can just paint it for as little as $30.00!  
I suggest covering the cabinets so you don’t get any paint on them. If you don’t have plastic, old sheets work well. I also used blue tape on the cabinets to avoid getting paint on them.  
First Step: Sand the tile to knock out the sheen and create grit so the paint sticks. This is the most important step. The directions on the box said to use fine grit sandpaper. I've always found 120 grit works best.
Second Step: Clean the tile. I like using TSP after I sand. It cleans grease and grime well.

Third Step: Paint the tile. This product works really well, BUT it has a strong smell. I highly suggest that you wear a Respirator mask and gloves plus open all the windows. I also took a fan and faced it toward the open door. 
IMPORTANT: You must apply two coats of paint for full coverage. The second coat must be applied before 6 hours.
how to paint tile countertops in three easy steps, Close up of painted countertop
Close up of painted countertop
What a difference a day and a little paint can make! Be sure to click on the blog link below to watch the video tutorial on this project.

👇👇👇👇

Subscribe to my weekly blog for even more creative DIY ideas!   

Follow me on Facebook @creationbycherylphan where you can learn a new paint technique every month!
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 12, 2018 11:27 PM - More info
Cheryl Phan