DECORATIVE WOOD WALL ART

$40

I will be showing you this decorative piece today. This is one we enjoyed a lot building.
My husband was mowing the lawn one day and decided to cut this bush which was in the middle of the yard and always made it harder to cut the grass.
We didn’t want to just throw away the pretty wood and decided to do something with it.
decorative wood wall art
We started by slicing the wood with the miter saw. We didn’t measure the thickness. Instead, we very slightly, varied the size of the cuts to give a sense of depth to the piece. Next, we measured and cut a piece of plywood a good size so we could use as many pieces as possible.
decorative wood wall art
decorative wood wall art
We sanded the slices smooth
decorative wood wall art
After, a coat of Rust-Oleum Polyurethane was applied.
decorative wood wall art
We placed all the pieces on the wood before gluing them to get a good look and arrange them the best possible way. When we were satisfied, we glued them in place with wood glue.
decorative wood wall art
After this, my husband built a frame for it painted it black and affixed it to the piece. We hung it on our living room
decorative wood wall art
And this is what it looks like. What do you think? If you like this tutorial you can see more of our work HERE
decorative wood wall art
Forma Color y Textura

• Alisa Peavey

Wow !,awesome idea!! I live in Il a area where termites are prevalent. Do you know if the sealing process will keep bugs,away? Could you use this outdoors? Thank you!!

• Forma Color y Textura

I am no expert, but I think it would stand up to termites with the poly. Hard to tell until you try it, but the piece is so inexpensive, that is worth a try. Good luck. And thanks for the interest in my project. Feel free to check the others. I think you would love the camphor wood coffee table.

• Joy Wheaton Shannon

That is very beautiful. How hard is it to keep dusted?

• Forma Color y Textura

Thanks. We hit it with the vac and brush every couple of weeks or as needed. The pieces are affixed with wood glue, so they are bonded pretty tight. I’m never afraid to get in there and clean it.

• Tina Bell Clemmer

What did you use as the frame ??