DECORATIVE WOOD WALL ART

54K Views
I will be showing you this decorative piece today. This is one we enjoyed a lot building.
My husband was mowing the lawn one day and decided to cut this bush which was in the middle of the yard and always made it harder to cut the grass.
We didn’t want to just throw away the pretty wood and decided to do something with it.
Time: 3 HoursCost: $40Difficulty: Easy
  • decorative wood wall art
We started by slicing the wood with the miter saw. We didn’t measure the thickness. Instead, we very slightly, varied the size of the cuts to give a sense of depth to the piece. Next, we measured and cut a piece of plywood a good size so we could use as many pieces as possible.
  • decorative wood wall art
  • decorative wood wall art
We sanded the slices smooth
  • decorative wood wall art
After, a coat of Rust-Oleum Polyurethane was applied.
  • decorative wood wall art
We placed all the pieces on the wood before gluing them to get a good look and arrange them the best possible way. When we were satisfied, we glued them in place with wood glue.
  • decorative wood wall art
After this, my husband built a frame for it painted it black and affixed it to the piece. We hung it on our living room
  • decorative wood wall art
And this is what it looks like. What do you think? If you like this tutorial you can see more of our work HERE
  • decorative wood wall art

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of July 8, 2018 11:10 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Forma Color y Textura