DECORATIVE WOOD WALL ART

$40

I will be showing you this decorative piece today. This is one we enjoyed a lot building.
My husband was mowing the lawn one day and decided to cut this bush which was in the middle of the yard and always made it harder to cut the grass.
We didn’t want to just throw away the pretty wood and decided to do something with it.
We started by slicing the wood with the miter saw. We didn’t measure the thickness. Instead, we very slightly, varied the size of the cuts to give a sense of depth to the piece. Next, we measured and cut a piece of plywood a good size so we could use as many pieces as possible.
We sanded the slices smooth
After, a coat of Rust-Oleum Polyurethane was applied.
We placed all the pieces on the wood before gluing them to get a good look and arrange them the best possible way. When we were satisfied, we glued them in place with wood glue.
After this, my husband built a frame for it painted it black and affixed it to the piece. We hung it on our living room
And this is what it looks like. What do you think? If you like this tutorial you can see more of our work HERE

DIY Tutoriales y mucho más

• Marcey miller

This is fantastic. How do I subscribe to your blog (in English)?

• Haymur

Did you dry the wood out first? What about the vermin and larva from bugs in the tree

• Susie

Totally FAB! My kind of art! To those of you worried about dust, just use a feather duster! (That would be the least of my worries.) After all, it’s natural wood!! This is one of the best projects i’v seen on Hometalk, ever! Will read your tutorial - what kind of wood did you use?

• Diane

My thought was the weight of the piece itself, wow musta been heavy.how did you attach to the wall, musta used anchors, I don’t like big holes in drywall. But very nice .

• Scarlette Sarah Elkins

This is so cool !! But your house is what i want :) it is gorgeous!!