Asked on Jun 7, 2018

How can I make a cheap fabric cover for a patio against the zon?

Chubby58FlipturnMichelle Bellin
+4

• C
      C

nice tip, thank you. I already have wooden construction and my issue is the fabric part. Like what kind of material is used for the tiny intermediate support?
  • Use painters drop cloths!
  • C
    C

What about the supports. That is the detail that make my life miserable 😁
  • Michelle Bellin
    Michelle Bellin

You can use the IKEA type wire rods. they’re adjustable for size length & screw in at each end. They are rods for holding fabric curtains (window treatment) with metal clips that slide But you can just install half a dozen then lay the fabric or drop cloths across above. Only whatever fabric you choose I would scotchguard the heck out of it or use something to prevent water and fading.
  • Flipturn
    Flipturn

Painters drop cloths will not be sturdy enough to withstand the outdoor elements such as wind, rain, and sun heat, with any longevity. Especially after investing in proper hardware to reinforce the join points, hemming the edges of the fabric to fit the frame, and then attaching it to the hardware, it would not be worth your time to go through all that work with cheap quality fabric.
  • Chubby58
    Chubby58

Instead of painters cloths, try using flag fabric and double it for shade.