How to get rid of cockroaches

+5
The apartment above us was renovated. And unfortunately cockroaches came after that. I don’t think the raid and combat works really good to think that they are also harmful. Can you suggest something that is organic or at least work please. Thanks

• Loy213654 Loy213654 on Jun 07, 2018
    Put out dishes of sugar mixed with baking soda. When the roaches eat it, they will die from bloating. Might just work with a whole army of them.
  • KattywhampusLOL KattywhampusLOL on Jun 07, 2018
    Good Morning Ebeth Paculan, Roaches have, unfortunately, been around since the days of the dinosaur and are not likely to go away anytime soon. I swear I have given myself a headache on many occsions wondering WHY God still needs them around (I understand they are scavengers --- garbage men --- janitors of the wild undergrowth ... but that's NOT where they stay!) Anyway, you have to cause them some serious harm for them to die and unfortunately, again, there is no safe way to poison and kill something that will not be harmful to other things, too, sooooo you have to take a few precautions. About 5 years ago at my house we had a problem when the house next door was torn down. FORTUNATELY the ant killer we had mixed up had also ATTRACTED the roaches who loved it, ate it, took it back to their nests, and their entire "colony" was wiped out :) HOORAY! No roaches AND no ants after about 3 days time :) Now we put the stuff down every year at Spring thaw so that when the first "scouts" are sent out from developing colonies outside the house, they "take the bait" and we are NOT "bugged" by them the rest of the year. However, once a month we put down fresh just in case new colonies are trying to form. What is this little miracle of ours? I will post it below but FIRST you need to know that it MUST be kept away from pets and children. We sprinkle it along the back edge of our countertop in a thin line against the wall/counter meeting area and then just use our kitchen tabletop for making sandwiches on. If it would make you feel better, you could also just put it into an unused milk cap or other small holder and set it in a corner out of the way, but be advised it WILL draw ants and roaches like crazy until their colony is all dead (3-5 days). To make this for less pennies on the pound you need to mix together:
    EQUAL PARTS OF SUGAR AND 20 MULE TEAM BORAX .. that's it .. that's all .
    Just use a plastic spoon to tap it along the back edge of your counter or put it in a small cap or lid. You may or may not see some scouts the first day, but on the second day there will be a lot of activity and on the 3rd day you will probably be swarmed. Be strong and know they are all going to die for invading your space. The activity will slow down substantially to completely over the next day or two. Then it will die out totally. After that, any new activity you may see will be from new colonies scouting for food, and the cycle must be repeated. Good Luck and thanks for asking Hometalk for help
    :)

• Linda Linda on Jun 07, 2018
    Purchase boric acid at the hardware and put where you see them like along baseboards, inside cabinets in back corners, inside any openings around pipes. It dries theirs bodies out from inside and if they walk through it they take it back to others. Hope this helps
  • Abigail Ellis Abigail Ellis on Jun 08, 2018
    What an annoying little pest the cockroach is. You can try making a boric acid paste ( recipes here)- hope they work out for you and good luck!
  • Cindy Charlie Nobles Cindy Charlie Nobles on Jun 08, 2018
    We had the same problem so I caught some of them and took them to the office and told them if they didn't do something fast I would bring a jar full every day and let them go in their office they thought I was joking till I let the first jar go I tole them If we had to live with them so do they. Wasn't even a week and they treated all apartments we didn't have any after that. They never doubted anything from me after that.
  • Tif14493936 Tif14493936 on Jun 09, 2018
    They HATE Bay leaves. Put bay leaves in all your cabinets/drawers. On closet shelves, etc.
  • Kate Hollingsworth Kate Hollingsworth on Jun 09, 2018
    We had the same problem when our duplex neighbors moved out. We used these little plastic box things called Mortein Nest Baits. We haven’t had a problem since. Good luck! xx