Cyndi Valerino
Cyndi Valerino
  • Tutorial Team
  • Fort Myers, FL

Dollar Tree Baby Bootie Shower Favor

$3

My sister's daughter-in-law will be having her baby shower. I made her a penguin Diaper cake a few months ago, which you can see a few posts back
Today, using only 3 items, I made some (I think) adorable baby bootie candy holder favors. I also used hot glue and Aleene's tacky glue. I made 35 and it cost me $3! And they're pretty simple to make.
Materials used
Materials used
I bought my materials at the Dollar Tree. A pack of styrofoam cups, a roll of tulle, and a spool of ribbon. I made 35 favors with them.
The ribbon is raffia, which unfolds. I would have preferred a different type, but this is what they had. You can use any type of ribbon, of course.
Trim the cups
Trim the cups
The first thing I did was trim the cups. When I make a large quantity of something, I work in an assembly line fashion, so I trimmed them all first. Cut the first rim off. In the second picture you can see them compared. Then cut 2 slits, about 2 inches apart. The last cut is the rim of the part where the slits were cut. This part is the 'tongue'.
dollar tree baby bootie shower favor
Push the tongue in and bring one corner edge to the middle as shown. Use a dab of hot glue and hold it firmly until it sets. (You could use gorilla glue,too. I would have had I had any. Tacky glue will not work. ) Once it sets, do the same with the other side.
Unfold the raffia
Unfold the raffia
Glue around the rim
Glue around the rim
After I had all of the booties glued, I unfolded 35 pieces of the raffia ribbon and glued one around each edge, using tacky glue. I left an overhang of ribbon at the top, and folded it under and glued it. I wanted to give it a cleaner look. It does look neater, but the tulle and candy pretty much covers it, so it's not 100% necessary.
dollar tree baby bootie shower favor
dollar tree baby bootie shower favor
I twisted a small piece of raffia to resemble a bow and glued it on the front. I also added a pink plastic bead, using hot glue. The last thing I did is add a square of tulle and a half dozen pieces of hard candy.
dollar tree baby bootie shower favor
And that's it! I think they turned out so cute! I hope Ashley likes them. Thanks for looking.
dollar tree baby bootie shower favor

• L. Creative

I bet she loved them...especially since they were handmade with love and thoughts of the new baby!

• Margaret

I love these! They are so sweet, wish I saw this when my last granddaughter was coming!