Asked on Jun 8, 2018

What is a safe way to remove coffee stains from dentures?

JewelsJewellmartinSeptember
+7

i started drinking dunkin donut coffee, (the ground kind, in a coffee pot) and started to notice my dentures were beginning to stain. what is a safe way to clean? have tried white vinegar, and hydrogen peroxide, also baking soda.

• Linda Sikut
    Linda Sikut

Hi Vjtj38,
    Have you tried a denture cleaning product? I've seen them with special stain formulas. That might help. Either that or ask you dentist what s/he recommends. Wishing you the best.
    • Velma
      Velma

I have already tried all the denture tablets, on the market......i was just hoping someone would have another idea. my sister just got new dentures, and the dentist advice was always use white vinegar, and soak over nite. I guess my solution will be.....give up the dunkin donut coffee.
  • Betty
    Betty

My husband uses denture tablets. .I buy the extra strength for him .helps to keep them white. .
    • Velma
      Velma

I'm sorry, but I assumed anyone that read that post, would automatically assume that i have already tried every denture tablet out there already. dunkin donuts uses a very strong coffee, and because i perk it, I drink at least 2 cups a day. the oil from the bean is what is causing the stain. I have had these dentures for many years, but only since drinking this strong coffee, have i noticed this. yes, I have tried every cleaning tablet out there already.
  • Mogie
    Mogie

Efferdent
  • Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Use "Steradent" to steep them in overnight......
  • September
    September

My dentist recommended this, add a little splash of apple cider to enough warm water to just cover cover my dentures, allow them to soak either overnight, or while showering. This formula has been working great for me for several years.
  • Jewellmartin
    Jewellmartin

Rinse and gargle three times a day with hydrogen peroxide and the same amount of water. Brush your teeth with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide two or three times a day. Don’t swallow the peroxide. It’s not poison, but you might get nauseated by drinking it. Best wishes ☺️
  • Jewellmartin
    Jewellmartin

Soak the dentures in water and hydrogen peroxide, brush them with baking soda and peroxide as a paste, and they can stay very nice. The more coffee and tea you drink, the darker they will get. Hubby’s look nice and natural, which means, not gleaming white, and he drinks coffee and tea all day. ☺️
  • Jewels
    Jewels

I drink strong brewed coffee every morning, the best I have found for coffee stains is Stain Away