Chunky Fourth of July Prim Flag

$5

Love to have fun decor for the Fourth of July? Look no more! Here's a crazy, fast and easy chunky prim flag for you!
chunky fourth of july prim flag
I love having colorful items for the Fourth in my windows! When I saw this project below (from http://girlinair.blogspot.com/search?q=flag ) I knew I had to make one!
chunky fourth of july prim flag
I used white interior house paint, red and blue crafts paint, scrap 2' x 4's & burlap I already had. I thought it would be really cute, easy and fast!
chunky fourth of july prim flag
Just measure scrap 2' x 4's to whatever scale you wish. You can buy scrap wood at local Habitat stores or big box stores. Mine is about 6" long. I used a hand saw, sanded roughly, no perfection wanted here! I painted the squares blue and the longer pieces red and white. I used an old star stamp (paint both sides) next. After the paint was dry I rubbed some brown paint on, dried, then sanded some off to my tastes. Glue together, then tied the burlap. You could use ribbon if you wish. If you want to use outside I'd advise some poly spray.
chunky fourth of july prim flag
Sit back and enjoy! Has lasted for years!!!!

• House paint white  (home depot)
  • Red craft paint  (Michael's)
  • Blue craft paint  (Michael's)
Little Homestead In Boise