What do you do when rain doesn't come to your garden?

+4
Our state is close to a drought....

• Franklinrawley Franklinrawley on Jun 08, 2018
    stretch a hose. I find that a wand or a whirlygig mounted on a tripod or a heavy duty pole centered in the garden works pretty well. I have a garden some 150 feet from the house, but a LONG hose works well.
  • Bijous Bijous on Jun 08, 2018
    If you are under a drought watch and under strict water restrictions, there's not much you can do with the existing landscaping. Going forward, look for drought tolerant plants. Good luck.
  • Cynthia H Cynthia H on Jun 08, 2018
    Drought resistant plants like zinnias anð verbena do well with less water. When I was a child we used gray water - water left from washing dishes and the rinse water from washing clothes to water my Gram's garden.
  • Dfm Dfm on Jun 08, 2018
    You can do a drip type watering 1gallon jug with a screw on type lid. Make a very small hole in the bottom of the jug. Fill with gray water..place near plant.how tight or loose the cap is determines how much water is desired. It’s a slow soak, so there should be no run off.
  • Morgan Morgan on Jun 08, 2018
    I have rain barrels to collect rainwater but before that I set up 5 gallon buckets throughout my garden to collect the rain
  • Red Red on Jun 09, 2018
    Yes, the rainwater collection; I am doing. As to watering with a hose....I'm on a well & I don't want to drill another one....so, will do the best I can.