An Old, Worn Out ,Fence-- What to Do?

Cost? Next to nothing! Our little 1964 Single-Wide Mobile home had an old redwood stained three foot fence hiding the garbage can storage area. The bad thing was that the "bad" side" was facing public view and the stain was basically peeling and cracking. When we replaced the back fence, my husband saved some of the fence boards; cut them to size and made a facade over the "bad side" of this little fence.
I wanted to tie in the "Word" theme in this area as well, so hung a ceramic tile, framed by an old frame my husband made from his days working in a door and window shop from the scraps of door molding. I then printed out my letters on my black and white HP, cut them out, taped them on the fence boards and rolled flat black acrylic over two of the fence panels.
I love the rustic, weathered, look and we even have a bit of "ombre" going on in the "Hope" text.
I then stuck two little birds from the dollar tree under the frame to balance off the design. This only took about an hour. Anybody could do something like this. I love the simplicity of it and it looks really wonderful from the street.
Y'all must think I've gone "word" crazy. But this really is visually wonderful and people are truly enjoying this simple design feature--both inside our home and in the garden.
The finished fence!
Today I added a little wire basket meant for the kitchen, that I lined with Spanish moss, adding ferns and red cyclamen. You know how it is when something is just not quite finished? Well, this was one of those project. It needed this little plant basket desperately.

21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Everything Red For Canada Day
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Dianna Wood

• Jeannie Herman

Love this idea. I have about a three foot wide section of chain link fence I need to redo, and this gives me a great idea. I love word art, and need to be thinking of a 'special' word to add! Thanks for the idea.
    • Dianna Wood

Great! So happy to hear that my post helped to spark some ideas. Looking forward to see what you come up with.

• K

This idea is beautiful on so many levels!