Easy Garden Bench

$100

Summer is here! And as a result I am getting a little too obsessed with my garden... can you blame me. The sun has that effect on me! Did you catch my DIY TILE PLANTER on wheels that I posted a few weeks back?

My husband and I decided to build a bench for our garden. The design was inspired by a video on youtube by Home made modern - but we changed lots of the steps and plans around to suit our needs

MATERIAL
easy garden bench
 2. Cut the wood for the seating and back

3. Sand all of the wood.

4. Assemble the sofa side panels

To do this, you will first need  to drill x 2  sized 2 x 1/4″ diameter holes about 3 inches deep into the  sides of the (45mm x 120mm) wood. Use a drill attachment to drive the screws through the bottom of the holes and into the wood below.  Reinforce with wood glue
easy garden bench
5. Lay the sofa base
Place the two side panels flat on the floor and screw in the L-brackets
easy garden bench
Each bracket will hold one plank of wood.

easy garden bench
6. Add the back rest and some added reinforcment to the bottom

easy garden bench
Then finally stain!
easy garden bench
And your bench is done. For more detailed instruction - please head to my blog (link at the bottom)

Here is a little sneak peek of how it looks in my garden but you can visit my blog to see more pics
easy garden bench

• L SHAPED BRACKETS  (AMAZON)
  • WOOD GLUE
Medina at Grillo Designs

1 comment