Starfish Anchor Wall Décor DIY

Starfish are so cool! I recently came across a starfish wall hanging on the Horchow website which is very unique especially at the cost of $3885. Whoa!!! It's part of a collection by a famous designer which I guess would dictate an outrageous price tag. Coastal décor is so popular, especially this time of the year with the warmer weather. So leave it to me to make a knockoff of this expensive beauty that's super easy to make
Using four little bowls of starfish I found at Hobby Lobby and some teeny tiny ones I found at Oriental Trading, I was able to put together a starfish anchor using hot glue and mod podge.
I drew a semi circle on the bottom of the canvas and started hot gluing the starfish on. From there, I just added the starfish freehanded to shape the anchor.
I put the tiny starfish in a cup and added mod podge to coat and then laid them on top of the larger starfish.
For those nautical fans out there I think this is the perfect accent that brings color and nature's best to a living space. I just need to add a frame.
Have you been inspired to add a pleasant coastal element to your living area with this awesome super easy to make wall décor featuring variegated size starfish mounted into an anchor shape?
One, that doesn't cost thousands of dollars? You bet!

Gail@Purple Hues and Me