How do I restore or clean this?

+4
how do I restore this it was my grandfathers and now my fathers?
q how do i restore or clean this
q how do i restore or clean this
q how do i restore or clean this
q how do i restore or clean this
  • Lynn Goins Lynn Goins on Jun 10, 2018
    I would definitely take this to a music store to see if they know of anyone that could help you. Just keep asking.
    • Diane Wentz Diane Wentz on Jun 12, 2018
      My father is a talented player of quite a few instruments he would love to have it cleaned up some. He’s kept it in pretty good shape stored carefully but some discoloring of bottom. Thx I’ll do some emailing.
  • Anna Anna on Jun 11, 2018
    First and foremost, do not store it in a garage, attic or basement. The temperature changes (hot, cold, and especially any humidity) will affect it tremendously. If you mean to restore it to play, you will need to take it to a music store. There are quite a few stores in Pennsylvania who specialize in accordions. Perhaps you can email them. Or do a search for "accordion stores" in your state. It's a very nice looking instrument and I would use it as a display piece, with the paperwork framed alongside it. You also do not want it to collect dust in the bellows. Good luck.
  • Mlr23863771 Mlr23863771 on Jun 11, 2018
    One of finest restorers of accordions is in New York state. A gentleman named John Nolan who works strictly with button accordions. His site is called Buttons and Bellows: http://www.buttonsandbellows.com.
    He is also a talented musician.
  • Kim9309079 Kim9309079 on Jun 11, 2018
    I would ONLY bring this to someone who specializes in accordions. I was amazed when I searched to have my husbands old one repaired and tuned and cleaned that there was an accordion museum in our town inside of an old church that I never even knew was there! Because yours is an antique, and certainly beautiful and worth restoring, please only bring it to someone that specializes in accordions!
    Tyvm