Upholstered Chair Makeover

I had big plans for this chair to be my first reupholster project. I was shopping for fabric when my husband suggested a different idea. At first glance, and from a distance, you may think there's nothing wrong with this chair.
The chair "before"
But take a closer look!
Worn and stained
See what I mean??? I've tried cleaning it so many times over the years and ended up water marks and bleached-out spots.
I thought that reupholstering it was my only option. That or the trash. But I love this chair and it's still in good shape, structurally.
Stenciled chair
Since we really like a pillow that I recently stenciled, my husband's suggestion was to stencil the chair. Wjy not? I had nothing to lose.
I love how the stenciling covers up and camouflages the imperfections on the fabric. It looks like a brand new chair!
Come on over to http://createandbabble.com/chair-makeover/ to see how I made the stencil and how I mixed fabric inks to get just the right color.

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Jeanie

• Chris Leckington
    Chris Leckington

Way cool! What paint did you used to stencil with? Did you spray anything over it after you finished stenciling?

• Chris Leckington
    Chris Leckington