DIY Abstract Art-A Coastal Look For Under $30

130K Views
I had so much fun painting this original DIY Abstract Art for above my mantle. It was incredibly freeing, to be able to let go of anything I had planned & just create without any ideas of what it “needed” to look like. You ALL should do this, I mean it! You will feel liberated. And the best part, it is easy & so thrifty!!!!
Time: 2 HoursCost: $30Difficulty: Easy
  • diy abstract art a coastal look for under 30, crafts, fireplaces mantels, home decor
Some things you will need....
MDF, craft paints, foam brushes, spackle knife, veneer
These are Martha Stewart craft paints.
For under $30 I was able to give my family room a beautiful coastal vibe perfect for summer.
You can see the framed detailing from the veneer, this was so easy!
The soft blues & neutral tones give a modern coastal feel.

Suggested materials for this project:

City Farmhouse