Do I paint everything the same color?

+3
I have a combined family room and small kitchen area. Do I keep all the walls the same color or paint the kitchen area different?

• Jcraw Jcraw on Jun 11, 2018
    I would do the same color then liven things up with great fun accessories, like art, towels, pillows, pretty jars and rugs.
    Theyre way easier and cheaper to change than wall colors.
  • Kelly-n-Tony Kelly-n-Tony on Jun 11, 2018
    It doesn't have to be the same color but what would be best is go to the paint store and choose one of the booklets that puts colors together to show what will look good. That way you know it's going to look right. In my living and dining rooms I have a green and a mustard yellow and they look great together but only because I let the color booklet be my guide.
  • Janice Janice on Jun 11, 2018
    Suggest going in the same color, however you can create a bit of interest by going up or down one tone of the same color from one area or wall to another. The change is subtle but does add some depth.
  • Hayden Scharrer Hayden Scharrer on Jun 11, 2018
    I would keep them all one color. When you have a combined area like that, it's better to paint everything the same color to help the area seem bigger rather than sectioning it off.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 11, 2018
    no you do no have to keep it one color.there are no set rules, you can use a darker and a lighter color to make it blend in a open concept house
  • Lauren of Mom Home Guide Lauren of Mom Home Guide on Jun 11, 2018
    I would keep the same color, or paint one wall a different color for a fun accent wall. I agree that you could also paint one room a shade darker or lighter than the other. I did that with my home’s family room and kitchen, which just have a half wall between them. The kitchen is painted in a slightly deeper color than the family room. (The family room is a light creamy beige, whereas the kitchen hascmore of a light mustard undertone to it.) Good luck with your project!