Want to texture ceiling in bathroom but not popcorn

+2
  • Bijous Bijous on Jun 11, 2018
    There all sorts of textures you can apply to ceilings and walls. Here's 3:
    1. brush - this is made with a brush that resembles a chimney sweep's broom
    2. sand - this is made by adding clean sand to paint
    3. swirl - this is made by using a trowel and making a swirling motion. My parents had this is a house; it was done well and quite beautiful.
  • Ginny Ginny on Jun 11, 2018
    I have a swirl ceiling in the DR because someone designed my 1955 Cape Code with the only bathroom in the house (powder rm. on first floor) right over the DR. Have had 3 leaks from malfunctions in the toilet to an ice dam one absolutely freezing winter and melting ice backed up into the roof, etc. etc. I like the swirl because it can be done in any pattern you like doesn't look popcorn.
  • 27524803 27524803 on Jun 11, 2018
    instead of putting up a texture material that could absorb moisture.... consider using a PVC bead board paneling or something like ship lap... you will probably be happier in the long term
  • Flipturn Flipturn on Jun 12, 2018
    Textured ceilings in bathrooms are not recommended as they attract lint, dust, hair, and aerosol spray residue.
    They are difficult to clean and sanitize.