Kitchen Back Splash - Glass Gems or Sticky Tile Sheets???

+4
I want to do a back splash in my kitchen but I am on the fence. I saw a cool video on here to use the Dollar Store glass gems then grout. But I also purchased some of the sticky tile sheets that look like grouted tile but aren't. I am not sure which one to go with. I am concerned that maybe with the heat & humidity of MN summers and then the cold temps in the winter would affect the sticky tile things. I live in a mobile home so I need something cheap that will work that I won't have to re-do. Any thoughts???

• Ken Ken on Jun 11, 2018
    More work of the grouted glass gems will last longer. Less work of the stick-ons may not last as long but are much less work, easier and less expensive when you get tired of them. They are made to withstand the same environmental conditions that you do.
  • Polly Fuller Polly Fuller on Jun 11, 2018
    I have used the sticky tile. it works well, looks good. buy online it's a lot less that retail.
  • Rose Broadway Rose Broadway on Jun 11, 2018
    Here is a video that gives you three styles of inexpensive ways to get the job done. You could mix it up and put the sticky tile behind your cook stove or in an area you will use for a coffee station etc. Just have fun with it and let me know how it turns out!
  • 2dogal 2dogal on Jun 11, 2018
    Just remember that back splashes are just that and need to be cleaned easily. Are you going to be able to clean grouted glass gems easily - especially if any grease splatters on them?
  • Heather Olinde Heather Olinde on Jun 11, 2018
    I put up the peel and stick about 6 months ago and it is holding up great! I was worried about it being behind my cooktop with the heat, but I haven't had any problems. You can check out how it came out here http://beautyforasheshome.com/faux-subway-tile-backsplash/
  • Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on Jun 11, 2018
    You don't want the gems backsplash. There is so much grout that will need to be constantly sealed and kept clean. Not sure how sticky tiles hold up. I have only put in porcelain tile. You can do it fairly inexpensively. Just use a neutral field tile and put in decorative accents. Home depot and Lowes offer classes on how to tile.