Patriotic Painted Placemats

$5

July 4th is right around the corner and I do not have very much festive decor. I love to make crafts using Dollar Tree supplies, so I decided to try painting placemats using a stencil made with my Cricut. They turned out great and were easy to make!
patriotic painted placemats
Supplies needed for the painted placemats:
Placemats (I found these at Dollar Tree)
Cricut Explore Air
Vinyl (for the stencil)
Medium Grip Mat
Paint (I used Red and White Acrylic from Plaid Crafts)
Small paintbrush or makeup sponge
patriotic painted placemats
Use your Cricut or other cutting machine to design the quote. If you have a cricut, you can use my Project file in Design space HERE.
Cut your design on regular vinyl and weed the letters from the vinyl, leaving the stencil. Place the stencil on the center of your placemat.
patriotic painted placemats
Take a small paintbrush or makeup sponge and paint inside the stencil taking care not to apply too much paint, so it does not seep under the stencil. Let the paint dry, then carefully remove the stencil. Repeat if you have multiple placemats.
patriotic painted placemats
Remove the stencil and use them in your outdoor tablescape for your next BBQ! If you want more patriotic inspiration, head to the link below and find 10 more Cricut project ideas!
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 11, 2018 11:18 PM - More info
Mary from Real Girl's Realm