Vintage Bundt Pan to Solar Flower!

63K Views
I have had this pink vintage Bundt pan for a few years now. I have tried doing a couple things with it but nothing has stuck - I wanted more for it. I finally came up with something unique and special to help make it "shine". I turned it into a solar flower! (Those of you who know me are saying "of course you did" - lol)

Time: 2 DaysCost: $5Difficulty: Easy
  • vintage bundt pan to solar flower
My supplies included a thrift store candle holder, vintage Bundt pan, silicone, and a solar light.
  • vintage bundt pan to solar flower
I started by washing the candle holder, letting it dry, and painting it with Rustoleum green paint.  I let that dry completely.
  • vintage bundt pan to solar flower
I pulled the base off my solar light from Dollar Tree.
  • vintage bundt pan to solar flower
I added silicone to the bottom of the solar light.
  • vintage bundt pan to solar flower
I placed the solar light in the center of the Bundt pan, and I let that dry for 24 hours.
  • vintage bundt pan to solar flower
I added silicone to the top of the candle holder...
  • vintage bundt pan to solar flower
and I set the Bundt pan onto the candle holder.  I let that dry for 24 hours.
  • vintage bundt pan to solar flower
Here is my completed vintage Bundt pan solar flower.
  • vintage bundt pan to solar flower
Here it is at sunset when the solar light begins to turn on.  The light shines into the Bundt pan reflecting inside and making it glow.
  • vintage bundt pan to solar flower
Here it is in the complete dark.  I love it!  

I would love to have you stop by my blog       Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of July 10, 2018 11:39 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Chas