DIY July 4th Patriotic Banner

$3

Hi guys! This banner is so easy to whip up - I literally made this in 20 minutes! All you need is just some red, white and blue fabric and a little jute twine and a blunt eye needle. This makes a very festive, rustic looking banner for your upcoming 4th of July parties!
diy july 4th patriotic banner
I started with this navy blue star fabric and some red gingham fabric. Yes, you can also go with red striped fabric. I was trying to keep the budget down and I already had the red gingham fabric. You will also need scissors, jute twine and blunt eye needle.
diy july 4th patriotic banner
I actually was inspired by a Pottery Barn Patriotic Banner. At the time I saw it - it was about $30 I think? No thanks! I knew I could make this on my way for WAY cheaper than that. I started by cutting the fabric into triangles. I used one of the triangles as a guide so they were all roughly the same size.
diy july 4th patriotic banner
I threaded my jute twine through this blunt eye needle.
diy july 4th patriotic banner
Then I just sewed through the triangles - alternating the red fabric with the blue fabric. You can make this as long or as short as you want. You can make several of these in no time!
diy july 4th patriotic banner
It turned our pretty festive, don't you think?

I've seen these dreamily draped over fences and from outdoor lights

You can also hang them over your buffet table or drink station when you're having a party.

Throw a few flags in your summer planters and outdoor vases and you've got yourself a pretty great party on your hands!
diy july 4th patriotic banner
You can use tape or command hooks to hang them. The fabric is light so it's easy to string them up.
diy july 4th patriotic banner
Or hang them out on your balcony for neighbors to see!

And the best part is - I probably used about $2 worth of fabric and 25 cents worth of jute twine.

This stores easily too so you can bring it out again next summer.

I hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial!
Karen | Decor Hint