How can I unplug the shower drain

+2
  • ADA29098237 ADA29098237 on Jun 12, 2018
    Soap and hair plugs really fast, I run hot water to loosen then with the longest crochet hook I can find hook on to the goop and fish out. Just don't let go of the hook, find the longest hook you can or a fish hook on fish line
  • Jody Herman Jody Herman on Jun 12, 2018
    Hello Elizabeth, if it's hair, (be prepared, it's nasty) but get some gloves, i use a fork to grasp hair and twist fork couple times to pull the hair out. (May take a few times repeating so you can get all of it out) but once it's out, run very hot water for a little bit then clean entire tub with soft scrub and let some of it sit in drain overnight to clear soap scum. make sure you keep after it once a week clearing hair from drain so it doesn't clog again.
  • Toni Toni on Jun 12, 2018
    Unscrew the drain plate and you should be able to pull out any hair that gets trapped, then pour baking soda and vinegar down the drain or buy draino
  • Michelle Wetzel Vinski Michelle Wetzel Vinski on Jun 12, 2018
    If it's a hair clog, try the "Flexisnake Drain Weasel". Inexpensive and it works!