What is the best way to clean tile grout on the floor?

+7
We have a doggy room that has tile... they have a door so they come and go out as they please... even in the rain 😝... how can I get my once clean looking grout clean... it’s clay red now... would appreciate any help
q what is the best way to clean tile grout on the floor
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 12, 2018
    https://www.hometalk.com/4148304/kitchen-ideas-grout-solution?r=2
  • Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Jun 12, 2018
    Zep makes the best product for grout that I have ever used.
  • Lisa Lisa on Jun 12, 2018
    Hi, I have found a great cleaner Mean Green. It is different from Simple Green. I found it at Lowe's and have used it on grout that had not been cleaned in some time. I sprayed it and left it and used a hard brush attached to my broom handle to save your back and knees to scrub the grout. Good luck😊
  • Amanda Amanda on Jun 12, 2018
    Hello. I use Simple Green. I mix it with water and then scrub the grout lines. After they have all been scrubbed I wipe off the excess and go over the entire floor with a steam mop, or you could use a regular one too. It has been the best product I found for grout lines.
  • Jac8935677 Jac8935677 on Jun 12, 2018
    Home Depot sells a long handled grout brush that you can use standing up. We used Hydrogen Peroxide and a light amount of baking soda and it worked well.
    The brush was great to just scrub the grout.
  • Lkv32345074 Lkv32345074 on Jun 12, 2018
    I have white grout!!! Plain white vinegar worked great for me and it's cheap.
  • Lisa S. Lisa S. on Jun 12, 2018
    After you get this clean - put a small washable rug in the area where they come in to catch the dirt from their little feet.
  • I made an Oxy Clean paste with water and scrubbed it with a toothbrush. Wiped it off with a damp rag. Cleaned it right up. Forgotten how blue my grout actually was! Then sealed it well.

• Linda Linda on Feb 25, 2020

Make a paste of baking soda and peroxide then apply it to your grout with a toothbrush. Let it sit a little and then remove with a clean cloth.

• Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Sep 03, 2020

Hi Robin, You can make a thin paste of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Apply it to the grout and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes. Scrub with an old toothbrush and rinse clean. If the grout between the tiles has worn down too far, it may be a better idea to first re-grout and then seal. You can also buy grout pens to quickly “recolor” your grout and make them look new again.