What can I spray to get rid of skunks, possums, and raccoons?

+2
I leave cat food out at night for the feral cats I feed Sometimes I see skunks or possums or even raccoons eating it. What can I spray around my property to rid of these animals?

• Kauai Breeze Kauai Breeze on Jun 12, 2018
    There is nothing you can spray. Stop feeding the cats at night when those animals are active. If you must feed the cats put out food at mid day and only leave it there for 3 hours, then take it away before the animals become active at night. The cats will adapt to an earlier schedule after several days.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 12, 2018
    do not feed the cats you will continue to have rodents leaving food outside
  • Dave Dave on Jun 12, 2018
    By nature you are not helping the feral cats by feeding them. I know as a animal lover it might seem to be the right thing to do, but it is really adding to the problem for the cats. If you continue to feed them you will be feeding all of their future babies as well, not to mention all the other critters that you mention. Feeding "wild animals" should never be done, it upsets the natural balance of things.
  • Mindshift Mindshift on Jun 12, 2018
    Anything you spray to deter the wild animals will also deter the cats. I also have raccoons, but I find they don't show up until after dark. Try to feed your feral cats before sundown. You can also put food out in the morning after sunrise. Cats prefer to eat a little now and a little later, so feeding twice is more likely to get the food to the cats.
    Many communities have groups that catch feral cats, have them spayed and neutered, then release them. http://www.humanesociety.org/assets/maps/feral-cats.html?credit=web_id284087512
  • Betsy Betsy on Jun 12, 2018
    I feed the ferals, too. I put the food on a table that the cats can jump onto, but the other critters can't climb up on. Seems to work out. I also take the food in when I go to bed. I don't mind feeding the raccoons, skunks or others, they bring their babies and I get to see them. Nature is wonderful, and we are taking their habitats away, so we should do something for them.