Should we save the post in our yard from a old satellite dish?

+2
We just removed one of those old giant, black, mesh satellite dishes from the 80's and the post is still concreted in the yard and will be a pain to remove. Should I re-purpose it and maybe put a big decorative birdhouse or something on it or not?

• Janice Janice on Jun 12, 2018
    Keep it! Could you use it as a base for a flag? Could you drill holes and install hooks at various levels and hang plants from it?
  • Joanne lueke Joanne lueke on Jun 12, 2018
    You could put a bird house on it, make it into a birdbath, put a larger diameter pipe over it and make a flagpole out of it, build a wood frame around it and add a solar light to it. If you haven't already tossed the dish I would find a place it would fit in my yard, line it with plastic and plant flowers in it. Use an old tire rim as a base.
  • 27524803 27524803 on Jun 12, 2018
    Whether you save it or not really depends on where it is in your yard.... is it in the way? or would you rather have a totally clear space in that area?
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Jun 12, 2018
    You got it! Repurpose by finding a new function for an old item. If it is in a good place, maybe you could put a round tabletop on it and place a chair or yard swing near the table. That might be a nice grassy area because it’s not been used much before, since the huge dish kept you from enjoying it before. Best wishes ☺️