Asked on Jun 12, 2018

How to upgrade an old Mr. Coffee coffee pot maker

JaniceJewellmartin27524803
+6

I have an old cream color Mr. coffee pot coffee maker that is turning yellow from age. It works perfectly but I would like to bring it up to date. I would like to get rid of the yellowing and to help it fit in to my black and chrome kitchen

• Gk
    Gk

You could try taping the heating plate off and the controls and spray painting it with a paint made for plastic. I am not sure how long it would last and look good with the moist heat and the water but you could give it a try for less than 5.00. You could also look in used stores for a black replacement.
  • You're lucky to have one that still works well. What about a fabric cover that would hide it when not in use?
  • Rachel's Trash~2~Treasures
    Rachel's Trash~2~Treasures

You could probably spray paint it with a paint designed for plastic. Make sure you won't be needing it for a day or two
  • Rachel's Trash~2~Treasures
    Rachel's Trash~2~Treasures

😂sorry, when my Wi-Fi connection is bad it doesn't like to load the previous comments. Gk is right though
  • 27524803
    27524803

You could try painting it.... but it might be better just to replace it (stick the old one away after you clean it up... you never know when you will need a spare.
  • Jewellmartin
    Jewellmartin

Birds fly, spilt milk runs, and white plastic yellows. Clean it with baking soda and vinegar outside, and vinegar inside. Best wishes ☺️
  • Jewellmartin
    Jewellmartin

I also like Elizabeth’s answer!
  • Janice
    Janice

I'd clean it up as much as possible with baking soda paste and a scrubby and even try a Magic Eraser sponge and call it good. Then perhaps find (or create) a cardboard box that will fit nicely to cover it when not in use. You could decorate the cover however you wish. It would look sort of a like a cookie jar. Inexpensive fix for now until it no longer works....so use the money you'd spend on paint (which I don't think will work for very long) to save up for a new one when this one dies. :)