Best paint for kitchen cabinets?

+1
I want them to stay white what kind of paint will be best can I use a paint similar to chalk

• Gk Gk on Jun 12, 2018
    I use a high quality acrylic latex paint in an enamel finish. This paint is made for cabinets and trim. Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore make an excellent paint for this purpose. Some people suggest putting poly over this paint but I have found it is not necessary. You should prime clean well and prime first--removing all hardware, doors, and drawers. I am not a fan of using chalk paint on kitchen cabinets. I think this wears much better, is easier to clean, and will last longer.
  • Lauren of Mom Home Guide Lauren of Mom Home Guide on Jun 12, 2018

You could paint your cabinets with General Finishes Milk paint. It requires very little prep work. I painted my oak cabinets with the paint more than a year ago, and they look great. You can see my kitchen cabinets, and the full how-to on how I painted them, here: http://momhomeguide.com/white-painted-oak-kitchen-cabinets-reveal/
  • Patsy47 Patsy47 on Jun 13, 2018
    more work,also needs top coating...more work. stick with a good acrylic base paint....wont yellow and eadier to touch up if needed.
  • Patsy47 Patsy47 on Jun 13, 2018
    sorry...referring to the above poster who advised milk paint....