What is the best paint to use for kitchen cabinets

+2
  • Dfm Dfm on Jun 12, 2018
    There are paints available that are labeled for kitchens...read revues of the different paints, see what fits your budget.
  • 1401470 1401470 on Jun 12, 2018
    I love Dixie Belle Paint, I've also used Behr Flat at Home Depot. No matter what you use make sure to let them dry for at least 24 - 48 hours before attaching hardware.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jun 12, 2018
    Satin finish.
  • William William on Jun 12, 2018
    Make sure they are clean and dry. Remove the doors and hardware. Mark the doors and cabinets with tape where they go. Lightly sand the doors and cabinets to remove any gloss and roughen the surface for paint with 120- to 220-grit sandpaper. Use a tack cloth or damp rag to remove dust after sanding. Prime with a stain blocking primer like Zinsser 123, KILZ,or BIN and have it tinted to the color of the top coat. This will prevent dark or stained surfaces from showing through the top coat. Acrylic, or water-base, paints are low-fume and clean up easily with water. Alkyd, or oil-base, paints require good ventilation because the paint contains solvents that can irritate your lungs and make you feel sick. Alkyd options require mineral spirits for cleanup, but they provide a hard, durable paint finish. Whichever you use, buy the best-quality paint you can afford for a lasting kitchen cabinet finish. Seal with at least three coats with a water based polyurethane. Use a small foam roller and foam brush for a smooth finish.
  • Lauren of Mom Home Guide Lauren of Mom Home Guide on Jun 12, 2018

You could paint your cabinets with General Finishes Milk paint. It requires very little prep work. I painted my oak cabinets with the paint more than a year ago, and they look great. You can see my kitchen cabinets, and the full how-to on how I painted them, here: http://momhomeguide.com/white-painted-oak-kitchen-cabinets-reveal/