Terra Cotta Pot Lighthouse With Solar Light

$50

I had seen clay pot solar lighthouses on many DIY sites and I decided to give it a shot myself.
I purchased various size terra cotta pots, the largest being 12" in diameter and each got smaller.
I spray painted mine, a total of two coats. You can used regular acrylic paint too, but I just thought it would be faster to use spray paint.
I decided on my design and used painters tape to make my stripes and used red acrylic paint.
I painted windows and a door.
I found solar string lights and a lantern at a second hand store. The lantern was rusted so I spray painted it black.
I used the base of a solar light that no longer worked and wrapped the lights around it and stuck it in the hole of the top pot. You can use a regular solar stake light, I just happed to find the lantern and wanted to used that.
I place the largest pot in the plastic planter base and added the river rock around the edge.
I put the finished lighthouse on my front porch.
I added a small U.S. flag on top.
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)
The solar string lights have a steady on or flashing option.
The finished lighthouse will be enjoyed for the summer months.
I did not glue the pots together, I simply placed them on top of one another using sheets of foam plate protectors inside to prevent chipping and make it easy to separate.
Once summer is over, I want to be able to break this down and store the pots inside one another for easy storage.

31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"

• Sue

What did you use as a guide for the windows?

• Judi

I would like to make this, but I need to know what sizes of pots you used please.

Judi

• Jane Nickris

You know what size pots to use because you buy them from the store. Do you want big pots? Buy big pots. Do you want small pots? Buy small pots.

Make sir that you stack them to see if they fit together the right way.

• Peggy Sweeney
    Yesterday

Love this. Inspired me to give our porch a nautical theme. Thank you for sharing this with so many. Try a solar light ground stake for the light. Fits down through the hole already in the pot base. So easy.

• Jenny
    16 minutes ago

This is great, definitely one going in my garden.