Upcycle Your Old Drawers!

I have several old drawers from broken or ugly pieces of furniture. I decided to save the drawers and just throw out the rest of the furniture pieces. At the time, I didn't know what I would do with all of these drawers.. But, I knew I couldn't just throw them away! Here are a couple of things I did to upcycle these drawers!
upcycle your old drawers, flowers, gardening, repurposing upcycling
These are drawers from two separate pieces of furniture. One was a cheap dresser that was actually missing one of the drawers. I had planned to turn the dresser into an entertainment center with shelves.. but, since it was so cheap I just decided to nix the whole idea and toss it. The other drawers are from an old cabinet piece that had some serious water damage on the frame. To fix it I would've had to practically rebuild the entire thing... and none of that sounded like a good time to me ;) So, I pulled out the drawers and got creative!
I turned two of the drawers into flower boxes! I used The Hayloft's Milk paint in Grandma's Quilt and Spring Sprout mixed with Kitchen Sink. Link to purchase milk paint----> https://www.etsy.com/listing/186986803/the-haylofts-milk-paint-milk-paint? I decided since they were smaller and for flowers I was going to paint them a little more fun like! Doesn't this look just darling on the front porch!?
It was also fun finding fun knobs/pulls! I found all of these pulls at Hobby Lobby... I'm pretty sure I could spend days in that store! I love it!
I lined each drawer with a liner and used and outdoor clear spray paint to seal all of the paint and the wood. I also drilled holes into the bottom of the drawers to allow the water to drain. I wish I had taken another picture of this specific drawer because I decoupaged yellow and white polka dotted craft paper to the sides. I used the outdoor mod-podge for this. Don't all of those colors just make you happy!?
This was the center drawer to an old broken desk. It was fairly shallow so I decided to turn this into a bulletin/chalk board! To keep with an office theme ;) I painted this using The Hayloft's Milk Paint, also. I mixed the color Blue Grass with Kitchen Sink. (Link to purchase milk paint ----> https://www.etsy.com/listing/186986803/the-haylofts-milk-paint-milk-paint? ) I think these all turned out pretty cute! Do you have old drawers just lying around? Get creative and upcycle them into something fun!

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/TheHayloftCCC

• Judy Goodin

I have become addicted to these emails..my friends are not crafty and this is my " fix "...I am going to try and see if I can somehow get groups together for stuff like this in my area...any ideas???

• Lisa Cuddy

I love putting flowers in unusual containers. All your ideas are fun. Congrats!