Error loading player:
No playable sources found

Essential Oil Gel Air Fresheners

$5

Freshen up your home naturally with these simple gel fresheners. They’re easy to make with a few simple ingredients. You can customize them with any scent and color you prefer. Plus, they’re fun to look at! The process is so simple, you can easily make a bunch of air fresheners in just a few minutes. Make one for every room in your home.
Many home air fresheners (especially plug-in gel fresheners) are packed with toxic chemicals. We set out to make our own version using only natural ingredients and one that can be customized with any scent or color you like.
essential oil gel air fresheners
Pick the aroma you want and choose an essential oil based on that. For a bathroom, a zesty lemon oil might work well, for a living area a mellow lavender might work, and for a home office an uplifting grapefruit oil might work well. You can see a number of scent combinations you can try - including "Pure Joy", "A Walk In The Woods" and "Pumpkin Pie" - towards the end of this article.
essential oil gel air fresheners
Bring your water to the boil, add the gelatin packet and stir until dissolved. Turn off the heat, allow to cool to room temperature and add the vodka.
essential oil gel air fresheners
Pour the mixture into a mason jar, add a drop of food coloring and 1-15 drops of your chosen essential oil. Take a look at this article to see our 12 favorite essential oils and what you can use them for.
essential oil gel air fresheners
Refrigerate the gels until set and then add a frog grid lid or lid with straw hole. Place the gel fresheners around your home and enjoy the beautiful, long lasting aroma.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of September 17, 2018 10:12 PM - More info
Natural Living Ideas

• Donna Lance Cox

This sounds like a fun thing to try. I never use vodka. What is the purpose of using it and do I really have to?

Thanks!

• Carol Willis-Holden

Vodka? Where? When? How much? Or is that for the crafter??

• Cindymamabear

Funny we all as "crafters" do need that balance at times don't we? If I am comprehending the video correctly you boil 3/4 cup of water and add gelatin packet, let cool, add 1/4 cup vodka, A couple drops food coloring, 15 or so essence oil, refrigerate till set.

• Pat Kauffman

I did make some and they turned out great and smelled great also. But just a few weeks later they had mold growing on them. Had to toss out. Has that happened to you?

• Le'

Crazy cool......

• Anne Minter O'Donnell

Please don't forget to warn people that have CATS - any form of essential oil of lavender (sprays, candles, etc...) is deadly to cats. Thanks!

• Rhonda Sposato

That is misinformation. Essential oils that are of high quality will not harm a cat doing it this way or diffusing. You make sure the cat is able to come and go so if it is unpleasant to them they can leave. What you read or hear about are the cheap essential oils that you buy at Walmart or other places. I diffuse doTERRA essential oils all the time. I have only found one that one cat does not like and when I want the bed to myself I diffuse that one and she sleeps in another room.