Patriotic Glassware With Oil Based Markers

$5

I love to use Oil Based Markers. They are perfect for glass and I wanted to create some patriotic glassware for the 4th of July.
patriotic glassware with oil based markers
I found some mason jar mugs at the Goodwill and decided to create some patriotic glassware using my (affiliate link) Oil Based Sharpie Markers
I can draw a basic 5 point star so I drew stars in red, white, and blue and gray all over the glasses and colored them in so they were solid stars, not outlines.
If you look closely you can see that I also added some dots in random places around the stars. Just to fill in a little more space.

When they were exactly as I wanted I put them on a cookie sheet and placed them in the cool oven. Then I baked them at 200 degrees for an hour. After the hour I turned off the oven but the glasses stayed in until the oven was completely cool.

The baking sets the paint but I would not consider them to be dishwasher safe. Washing by hand is best.
Add some fun straws, your favorite drink and some friends and you have a patriotic fun time.
They are so fun to set out with flags and stars!
What do you think?

If you like these fun, easy crafts you will love my blog. Please sign up for my email/newsletter and receive all of my new projects to you inbox each week.

Thanks so much for reading!
Michelle
Michelle James