Our Crafty Mom
Our Crafty Mom
  • Weare, NH

DIY Wine Bottle Tiki Torches And Solar Lights

$5

Make DIY Wine Bottle Tiki Torches and Solar Lights using leftover wine bottles and dollar store solar lights! Start with empty wine bottles, free of any labels. You can remove this with soap and water or rubbing alcohol.
Wine bottles
Fabric
Natural Strong Jute Rope
Hot Glue
I found a gorgeous french script design at the craft store. Start by cutting your fabric to fit around the wine bottle and use hot glue to secure it.
Pick up wide jute from the hardware or craft store to decorate the bottles.
Next, add jute around the edges of the fabric for added detail. Add as much or as little as you like!

You can mix it up and just use twine to give it a different look. Just have fun with it and create original tiki torches to go with your outdoor decor.
Finally, follow the directions to add the tiki torch wick and fluid and enjoy these lovelies at your next family barbecue!
These gorgeous blue wine bottles were found at the thrift store for $1 and I didn’t have to worry about removing any labels. The solar lights from the Dollar Store fit perfectly on top. Just remove the stick and if you want it more secure, add a little E-6000 adhesive. I just left them as is and used them at my daughter’s Graduation party last week and they held up great. They look so pretty at night lit up.  I left the bottles clear because I wanted the light to reflect in the bottle and didn’t want it covered, but you could add fabric or twine if you like.

Our Crafty Mom

1 comment