How I Up-cycled Lattice for a Colorful Fence With Added Privacy

24K Views
I had "inherited" this worn lattice fence when my tenant moved out. It was in bad shape and full of wasp nests but I didn't want to throw it out without giving it a shot at a makeover.
Time: 2 HoursCost: $4Difficulty: Easy
  • how i up cycled lattice for a colorful fence with added privacy
Because it was really badly damaged in some spots I decided to paint it and make it a nice pretty white color. I used milk paint for this project. But it was the SafePaint version which does not chip. You can learn a lot more about this wonderful product here. 

Much better don't you think? I wanted to attach this to my balcony railing to act as a privacy barrier. So I used a bit of wire.

Of course, I knew it would need something more. A bit of color never hurt anyone and my balcony which was pretty stark could benefit from some color.

I cut off branches of leaves from a nearby tree and just randomly stuck them into the lattice.

And to add even more color I cut up some dollar store flowers and attached them to the lattice fence. I wish I could grow my own flowers but alas, I have a notorious brown thumb.

And here it is my very own colorful, lattice fence that also provides a bit of privacy and makes the whole balcony look a bit cozier. My thanks to the tenant who left this behind! What a hidden treasure it turned out to be.

Would you have guessed I had a brown thumb?

Suggested materials for this project:

Prices updated as of July 9, 2018 10:00 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Mary - The Boondocks Blog

Ask a Question