The Blue Eyed Dove
The Blue Eyed Dove
  • Fort Wayne, IN

How-To Organize A Linen Closet

I have been putting off organizing my bathroom linen closet for years...literally. But, sometimes procrastinating pays off! Since I waited so long I was able to find some great organizational pieces that motivated me to finally check it off my to-do list.
how to organize a linen closet, closet, organizing
This is the before picture. See what I mean? Not really organized in any sort of fashion.
I emptied out the entire closet, and wiped the shelves clean. Those shelves can get super dusty!
Apparently, I am somewhat of a toiletries hoarder! After emptying out your linen closet now is as good of a time as any to downsize. Get rid of the products you don't really use anymore. Then dust off the products you will keep. You can't put dusty products back in your clean closet!
I cleaned the storage containers I planned on keeping. And even spray-painted one of the baskets white. Then I was able to find some purple jars and baskets that matched my bathroom perfectly.
This is the before and after shot. Much better, don't you think?
One of my favorite features would have to be the milk glass vase I used for my make-up brushes. This little piece makes it much easier to find my make-up brushes in the morning.
Now everything has it's place versus just being thrown in the closet. And you would be amazed at how clean it has stayed since the reorganization!
The Blue Eyed Dove

• Lynn5280

Where are the sheets and pillowcases?

• Mary Davin

Because of the bath moisture and fuzzies from clothing and towels, I wouldn't keep all linens in that closet, just a few towels and some toiletries. I have to store ALL my linens, beddings, etc. in plastic bins and bag in the storage rooms provided.