Make Your Own Glass Succulent Planter

$10

We all have glass bowls lying around in our cupboards that we are not able to find a use for, and this was one was mine. I thought it would look great as a succulent planter.
GLASS SUCCULENT PLANTER
GLASS SUCCULENT PLANTER
To turn the glass from drab to fab, I bought some thick elastic bands to create a pattern. Start by stretching the elastic bands around the outside of the glass bowl and flattened them to create flat straight lines.
GLASS SUCCULENT PLANTER
GLASS SUCCULENT PLANTER
Overlap them and just keep moving them around until you are happy with the design.
GLASS SUCCULENT PLANTER
GLASS SUCCULENT PLANTER
I bought some frosted glass spray paint to paint the outside. Place the bowl upside down to prevent spray from going on the inside of the bowl. Keep adding thin coats until you get the effect that you want and let it dry completely.
GLASS SUCCULENT PLANTER
GLASS SUCCULENT PLANTER
Once it is dry remove the elastic bands to reveal your design.
GLASS SUCCULENT PLANTER
GLASS SUCCULENT PLANTER
I wanted to put succulents into my planter because they are the only plants I can't seem to kill. I added gravel first for drainage. Next, I added some sea sand for a better cosmetic look and then soil suitable for succulents.
GLASS SUCCULENT PLANTER
GLASS SUCCULENT PLANTER
Then for the fun part, I planted my succulents and another layer of sea sand, not covering all the soil.
GLASS SUCCULENT PLANTER
GLASS SUCCULENT PLANTER
To add a bit of fun and decoration to my planter I added some white stones from my fish tank and added some little ornaments as decoration. Just keep moving things around until you are happy with the look. And TA-DA you have a super cute Planter.
GLASS SUCCULENT PLANTER
GLASS SUCCULENT PLANTER

GLASS SUCCULENT PLANTER
GLASS SUCCULENT PLANTER
Back view. The cost of this project will depend on what you have at home.
Unique Creations By Anita

• Beverly Phillips

I ❤️ This! But how does the bowl drain?

• Jamie Peigler

It looks like the bowl is on a stand. What do you have it sitting on?

• That is how the bowl was when it was given to me. If you look in the comments people have said how they made theirs. Or if you want to buy a bowl like that there is a like on my website.

• Kat Rogers

OMG~ THAT IS SOOO ADORABLE I CAN HARDLY STAND IT~ I JUST £OVE IT! The little finishing touches are what really make it special... Thanks to The Fish for sharing Those Special Pieces (were The Little Critters from the aquarium too?) And That Little Boy (Is THAT A Child Buddha?) Is TOO Cute. I, too, Love adding things like that to my arrangements~ it makes them so Different, Special & Unique! And That Bowl Is Perfect as a planter... the ONLY issue I think with Frosting It is you can't see All The Cuteness from the back side. However, THE END RESULT IS STILL FABULOUS!

Thank You For Sharing!

🐈