Make Your Own Glass Succulent Planter

28K Views
We all have glass bowls lying around in our cupboards that we are not able to find a use for, and this was one was mine. I thought it would look great as a succulent planter.
Time: 20 MinutesCost: $10Difficulty: Easy
To turn the glass from drab to fab, I bought some thick elastic bands to create a pattern. Start by stretching the elastic bands around the outside of the glass bowl and flattened them to create flat straight lines.
Overlap them and just keep moving them around until you are happy with the design.
I bought some frosted glass spray paint to paint the outside. Place the bowl upside down to prevent spray from going on the inside of the bowl. Keep adding thin coats until you get the effect that you want and let it dry completely.
Once it is dry remove the elastic bands to reveal your design.
I wanted to put succulents into my planter because they are the only plants I can't seem to kill. I added gravel first for drainage. Next, I added some sea sand for a better cosmetic look and then soil suitable for succulents.
Then for the fun part, I planted my succulents and another layer of sea sand, not covering all the soil.
To add a bit of fun and decoration to my planter I added some white stones from my fish tank and added some little ornaments as decoration. Just keep moving things around until you are happy with the look. And TA-DA you have a super cute Planter.
Back view. The cost of this project will depend on what you have at home.

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of July 11, 2018 11:19 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Anita Moulpied Holland