4th of July Wreath EZ

$8

For a 4th of July wreath that does not require any gluing, sewing, or multiple supplies, here is a quick and easy one. They just do not come any easier. First you will need to gather 2 supplies and scissors. That is right, only 2 supplies.
4th of july wreath ez
You will need red, white and blue bandanas. They come folded and I found that handy because they are already divided in half with a fold mark.
4th of july wreath ez
Bandanas added to the wire frame is all you need for the wreath! Scissors will be the only needed tool. I used most of the 4 red, 4 blue, and 4 white bandanas, but depending on the size of the wire, you can add or subtract those numbers. I used the small wire because the bandanas will make it look large enough for our purpose.
4th of july wreath ez
The folds in the bandanas provided a nice line on which to follow with the cut. Cut each bandana in half and carefully remove any tags or labels.
4th of july wreath ez
Start the with the cut side and roll the bandana to about 2 inches. I pressed the material with my hand to make it flat. Fold the long piece end to end and put the open end through the middle ring on the wire. Open the folded end and put the end through the fold to form a knot.
4th of july wreath ez
It will look like this when tied. Or you can used the inside 2 rings. Either way the bandana folds over 2 wires. I did change it to the inside wires so all the wires would be covered when it was finished, but I could have added more bandanas and layered it more, if I wanted, and used both rows to make a double wreath layer.
4th of july wreath ez
Use all the blue together and alternate the red and white until it is full. There you have your 4th of July wreath! Hang it on a command hook by the wire so the blue is in the upper left quadrant. This is a "no muss, no fuss" craft. The same method could be used to make any color wreath as they come in so many colors today. I will change this one out for another color bandana the middle of July. I always have some bandanas on hand.
4th of july wreath ez
Step by step: pull the folded end through two wires and open it.
4th of july wreath ez
Gently lift the ends and put them back through the open fold.
4th of july wreath ez
This takes 2 hands and I had to hold my camera, but basically put the ends through the folded part and pull out the other side.
4th of july wreath ez
Then ends are inside the fold here and I am pulling them all the way through.
4th of july wreath ez
Pull it to make the "knot" gently tight, and lay it down flat. Then start the 2nd one. I was asked to show more specifically how to put the half bandana on the wires, so I edited it. I hope this helps.

• 12 Bananas  (department store or on hand)
  • Small Wire wreath

• Hel32451259

I would love to make this project. How many bandanas are needed?

• DesertRose

I started with 4 of each color (12) but used half at a time and nearly all of them. I think I had 1/2 bandana of the red left over. If you count each color you see I used 7 red, 3 1/2 bandanas. If that makes sense.

• Laura

I can’t see the knot you tied with the bandana very well do you have a better picture..??

• DesertRose

Laura, I added a few more pictures to demonstrate the tie. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. Notice on the original blue start I was using outside 2 wires, but said I changed it to the inside 2 wires. That is how I did the red additional ones, the way I ended up doing them all. Either way it works, but I wanted the outside wires more covered.