4th of July Project

35K Views
Here's my first 4th of July project
Time: 1 HoursCost: $5Difficulty: Easy
  • 4th of july project
I've had a box of these wood sticks I found in a dumpster for over a year. I knew I could use them for something but it hadn't hit me yet.
  • 4th of july project
I decided to glue the pieces into a star
  • 4th of july project
I stained the star with a rust oleum walnut stain and secured the intersections of the wood with a small brad
  • 4th of july project
covered it in a coat of poly
  • 4th of july project
here's the final star, you could also do this with free paint stirrers
  • 4th of july project
I purchase a couple of decorations at the dollar store, grand total $3
  • 4th of july project
I made a star pattern and cut out some stars from left over Christmas ribbon. I also bought small wooden U S A letters at Walmart
  • 4th of july project
Used the glue gun and played with it until I got it like I wanted. I found the little string of battery operated lights at the dollar store too.
  • 4th of july project
Here it sits on my front porch
  • 4th of july project
I think it's cute, basically made from things I already had a few dollar store accessories, left over stain and Christmas ribbon. This is something easy anyone can make and it doesn't take much time at all.
Happy 4th of July!

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of July 10, 2018 11:40 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

Ask a Question