4th of July Project

$5

Here's my first 4th of July project
4th of july project
I've had a box of these wood sticks I found in a dumpster for over a year. I knew I could use them for something but it hadn't hit me yet.
4th of july project
I decided to glue the pieces into a star
4th of july project
I stained the star with a rust oleum walnut stain and secured the intersections of the wood with a small brad
4th of july project
covered it in a coat of poly
4th of july project
here's the final star, you could also do this with free paint stirrers
4th of july project
I purchase a couple of decorations at the dollar store, grand total $3
4th of july project
I made a star pattern and cut out some stars from left over Christmas ribbon. I also bought small wooden U S A letters at Walmart
4th of july project
Used the glue gun and played with it until I got it like I wanted. I found the little string of battery operated lights at the dollar store too.
4th of july project
Here it sits on my front porch
4th of july project
I think it's cute, basically made from things I already had a few dollar store accessories, left over stain and Christmas ribbon. This is something easy anyone can make and it doesn't take much time at all.
Happy 4th of July!
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of September 17, 2018 11:27 PM - More info

• Tracie

This may sound weird but I really like the design of the star. It could be really versatile ie: little twinkly lights or? Really nice job. Tracie

• Tallahassee Girl

Wow