Pallet Wannabe Garden Tool Shed

$20

I've waited long enough for my Garden Shed. I have no place to keep my small garden tools together so I decided to create a Garden Tool Cabinet. It won't be a true cabinet because it will be open, but it will be a home for all my garden tools.

wannabe garden tool shed using a pallet

I am using an old pallet that is a bit beat up but it goes with my "rustic" design. I had to remove two boards (top and bottom) because they were pretty well rotted. With those off I was able to install 2x4's to create a shelf at the top.

wannabe garden tool shed using a pallet

I've had these for years and never had a place to use them. You'll see how at the end reveal!

wannabe garden tool shed using a pallet

I saved this thinking I would make a window in the garden or put tin in the openings. This frame was part of a box that heavy machinery came in so it is solid. I'm going to use it has a "door" for my cabinet.

wannabe garden tool shed using a pallet

This is a bin from a grain elevator. I wanted to incorporate more than one of these bins, but because of their weight I'm only going to use one. I discovered something else to use in their place.

wannabe garden tool shed using a pallet

After putting on new face plates top and bottom I added redwood boards across on the right hand side of the pallet and

wannabe garden tool shed using a pallet

on the left hand side of my door.

wannabe garden tool shed using a pallet

Next I decided a pop of color was needed so I'm painting the front; but not the redwood strips.

wannabe garden tool shed using a pallet

Who knew you could find these at the Dollar Store?

I'm also using an old rake head as a tool holder

wannabe garden tool shed using a pallet

I forgot that I had bought a Garden Shed sign and I found another Dollar Store bin. The bins are so light weight that I'm screwing them down to my door ledge. I want the dog brushes to have a home too. I've added removable hooks, permanent hooks and I'm using my old shower curtain rings to hold light garden items. I'm using old tin cans to hold small items.

I added a bird knob and a hanging bin. A few more hooks and a broom holder on either outside edge.

wannabe garden tool shed using a pallet

I bought a magnetic strip but decided not to use it as I seem to have plenty of bins and hooks. I also painted the grain bin. Up top I can put dust pans and my claws. I'm always leaving my claws around the yard and now I have a place for them.

I'm very happy with how this Wannabe Shed turned out. Who knew I had so many hand tools!

wannabe garden tool shed using a pallet

Now to hang it on the wall. Using four 2x4's ripped at an angle screwed in top and bottom; two on the cabinet and two on the wall.

wannabe garden tool shed using a pallet
wannabe garden tool shed using a pallet

Very sturdy because the cabinet is heavy and heavier when loaded with tools. This is the top cleat and there is an exact copy at the bottom.

wannabe garden tool shed using a pallet

Now it's up like a cabinet but still my Wannabe Garden Shed.

• Bins  (Dollar Store)
  • Hinges  (Ace Hardware)
  • Paint  (On hand)

• Wendy

I am in love with this!

• Lovesunique

Thanks Wendy! It really is helping me keep the tools together and organized. I used to just throw them on the patio table or lay them down and forget where!

• Karen Hurst

Cute and functional. I need this in my life LOL.

• Lovesunique

Thanks Karen! It really is keeping me organized now that I have a "place" to put the tools.