Faux Galvanized Metal Finish

I decided I needed a recycling bin in my office since I’ve run out of the nice brown paper bags that I used for a recycling bin. Here is Southern California, or at least in my city, there’s a plastic bag ban. That’s fine. I’m all for eliminating those plastic bags. But if I want a paper bag when I go to the grocery store, I have to pay for it. In other words, it’s BYOB or Bring Your Own Bag. I miss my brown paper grocery bags. I used them for everything. Covering books, crafting, and putting recycling in.
I saved a nice sturdy box that wasn’t too big but would accommodate letter size paper, all the junk mail and craft trimmings that accumulate every day.
Isn’t that surface wipe box a beauty? Good old Kirkland. You can find the full tutorial for this technique on my blog in the link below. But basically, I covered the box in tin foil, dabbed on various colors of craft pain and voila - faux galvanized finish.
The inside of the box is covered in recycled corrugated cardboard. And as you can see, I've already started filling it up with recycling.
I’m sad I won’t have a steady stream of brown paper grocery bags to use for crafting. But it’s better to save the trees. And now I have a handy bin to throw recycling paper in to.

30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
15 Perfectly Round Tables
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Carolyn ~ homework

• Liliana Wells
    Liliana Wells

Neat idea! Instead of having a store box that would looking junky in your office, you have something elegant to put your junk in. LOL

• Holly Moore
    Holly Moore

I would not have guessed that was a faux finish from the picture. I was completely fooled. Amazing! I love it!