Lets Turn Ugly Old Fridge Into Shabby French Beauty

$100

I have a very old fridge that needed serious TLC. Since I couldn't afford a new one, I started to make it look like a French armoire. This is what it used to look like.
lets turn ugly old fridge into shabby french beauty, appliances, chalk paint, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
I get most of my best ideas at two in the morning. I find myself wide awake with such excitement while trying to figure out how I would logically turn this idea into a reality. Then the torture of waiting all day the next day until we are free to head out to Home Depot or where ever the destination is. The guys from Home Depot know us pretty well. Here comes the little crazy lady with two kids in the cart asking them about some outrageous projects. I painted it with a coat of Chalk Paint® in Duck Egg and added some appliques from Home Depot. Here it is now.
It may not be for everyone but it fits perfectly into our house.
For less than $100, I think it looks pretty good. : )

Victoria Kirton

• Pau21997880

How did you prepare the refrigerator for the paint and what kind of glue for the appliques. Yours is beautiful.

• Aja12405329

It's exquisite! Very clever enjoy!
  • Teeka Thompson

Did you have to sand your fridge before painting it? Can you give us details on how to do our fridges? I know I'm not the only one that LOVES what you did. I have a very old house and my fridge would look great like this. Thx.

• Ste32573229

I think this is such a creative & well thought out idea! Very awesome, & will absolutely try this...probably also cabinets to match! Love it!

• Mare

Yes! The refrigerator make over is fantastic. More details on materials used would be great. Did the chalk paint need a polyurethane sealer? Or did you use dark wax? How has the paint job held up with use and cleaning?