How to Make a Bed Canopy

53K Views
On a Friday evening trip to Ikea, my daughter spotted a bed net canopy and in her very best begging voice pleaded her case for me to shell over $20 for something I knew I could make for under $10.
Time: 1 DaysCost: $15Difficulty: Medium
  • how to make a bed canopy
Armed with a few additional supplies, her net was completed in under 30 minutes and the tab came in under $10.
To make one of your own you will need....

A pack of Ikea LILL curtains
A medium quilting ring (purchased from Michaels for $2.99)
Ribbon or String
Ceiling Hook
Spraypaint (optional)

I. Start with removing the inner ring of the quilting ring from the outer by untwisting the screw until the outer rings disconnect. Once the rings are detached, carefully string the curtains onto the rings. If you choose not to spray paint the rings, the wood will catch the fabric on the curtains so be careful not to tear or rip the fabric.
  • how to make a bed canopy
Once the rings are detached, carefully string the curtains onto the rings. If you choose not to spray paint the rings, the wood will catch the fabric on the curtains so be careful not to tear or rip the fabric.

Once they have been attached to the ring. Collect them together and make a knot at the top. Now, place the inner ring back into the outer one, making sure the fabric is hanging how you want. Then tighten the screw to connect the two rings.

• how to make a bed canopy
Put your ceiling hook in place and affix the knot onto the hook. I recommend screwing the hook into a drywall anchor to ensure it stays. Ask me how I know.

Suggested materials for this project:

Prices updated as of July 8, 2018 11:23 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Linda (burlap+blue)