How to Make a Bed Canopy

$15
1 Day

On a Friday evening trip to Ikea, my daughter spotted a bed net canopy and in her very best begging voice pleaded her case for me to shell over $20 for something I knew I could make for under $10.
Armed with a few additional supplies, her net was completed in under 30 minutes and the tab came in under $10.
To make one of your own you will need....

A pack of Ikea LILL curtains
A medium quilting ring (purchased from Michaels for $2.99)
Ribbon or String
Ceiling Hook
Spraypaint (optional)

I. Start with removing the inner ring of the quilting ring from the outer by untwisting the screw until the outer rings disconnect. Once the rings are detached, carefully string the curtains onto the rings. If you choose not to spray paint the rings, the wood will catch the fabric on the curtains so be careful not to tear or rip the fabric.
Once the rings are detached, carefully string the curtains onto the rings. If you choose not to spray paint the rings, the wood will catch the fabric on the curtains so be careful not to tear or rip the fabric.

Once they have been attached to the ring. Collect them together and make a knot at the top. Now, place the inner ring back into the outer one, making sure the fabric is hanging how you want. Then tighten the screw to connect the two rings.

Put your ceiling hook in place and affix the knot onto the hook. I recommend screwing the hook into a drywall anchor to ensure it stays. Ask me how I know.

Linda (burlap+blue)

• Ally Knox

I’m only asking because you said to ask, so, How do you know? 😉

I am presuming I can guess though, the same reason my fairy lights fell off my roof when my kids got a teddy stuck on them throwing it around (like they had been told not to do of course) hahaha

• Carolyn Hogue Barrie

How much did you spend on gas to get to Michael's and other stores? Give ikea the other $10. Yeesh.

• Dottie Adams

Have you ever tried Natures Miracle? No scrubbing. I know its costly but it really worked when our dog got older.stains vanish whe sprayed on urine and blood.

• Jacx
      7 hours ago

I think wires got crossed somewhere! Ah, technology!