DIY Rustic Wooden Headboard

$35

No need to spend a lot to make a bed look gorgeous! This Rustic Wooden Headboard was easy, fun and inexpensive to make.

I used really cheap materials for this rustic wooden headboard. Where I live each board of pinewood is expensive so when I made the math I was going to spend about $70. It was not making sense to make one if I could find one done for less (not pretty but cheaper).

With just a few shiplap boards, other pinewood boards for legs and frame, some paint and lots of love I made a gorgeous rustic wooden headboard.

It's a project you can even involve your kiddos as your special helpers! Seriously it's an awesome project and even though it takes it's time, it's so worth it because it's easy and inexpensive.

The hardest part might have been the sanding and painting. Once you have it all ready, it's just about assembling the headboard. Of course you could also assemble it first and sand and paint later. I just like the control of each piece.

Imagination is the limit, people say and it's true, you can style it in so many different ways. I wanted it to be simple but with character but you can add anything you love!

For a jump over to the blog!

Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Cami - The Crafting Nook

• John Lamont
    John Lamont

Well done ... is the bed head attached to the bed-base, the wall or just "free standing" with the weight of the bed holding it against the wall?

• Cami - The Crafting Nook
      Cami - The Crafting Nook

Hey John!

The headboard is attached to the wall. It's actually hanging on the wall. I used hooks so I can detach anytime.

The first headboard I made It was free-standing. But this time I decided to make it more secure LOL.

On the blog you will be able to see more details.

• Joanie
    Joanie

This headboard is plain and simple....I happen to like the simple things in life. You made it to suit yourself......thank you!

• Taf
    Taf

Love this look. I need a headboard and have been looking for something - just like this. I hope you don't mind - I'll be copying your idea. Thank you for sharing.

• Cami - The Crafting Nook
      Cami - The Crafting Nook

Absolutely! If you can share your final work, I would be thrilled! I get super excited to see projects inspired by mine!

Best of luck!

Hugs