C. D. Scallan
C. D. Scallan
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Saint Amant, LA

Boy's Hat Rack

$1

In an attempt at organization in our ten year old son's room, I realized that a good start would be a hat rack. Not only has he recently discovered a love of baseball caps (even though he doesn't play baseball lol) he also needed a place to hang his karate belts. So that's what inspired the theme for this very simple project.
boy s hat rack
I rummaged around in the garage and found a piece of scrap wood. Then I sanded it and spray painted matte black to match the Star Wars themed things in the rest of his room.
boy s hat rack
We wanted to use something cute and fun for the "hooks." I looked all over but couldn't find any Star Wars characters that were in a proper fixed stance to hold a hat AND had a sturdy flat surface at the base, so....
We decided that since his new goal in life is to be a ninja (he's had exactly 3 karate classes 😄) that these cute little action figures from the Dollar Tree would work perfectly!
boy s hat rack
Yes, this stuff is the best!
boy s hat rack
I spaced them evenly and glued them onto the board. We let it dry overnight before hanging it in his room.
boy s hat rack
And now I have one happy little (future) Ninja! What are your cute ideas for hat/coat racks for your littles?