Alchemy Home
Alchemy Home
  • Alexandria, VA

Restoration Hardware Style Dresser on a Budget!

I often find myself coveting dressers from high end stores like Restoration Hardware and Anthropolgie; so when I found this antique dresser on Craigslist, I knew exactly what direction I wanted to take with it!
restoration hardware style dresser on a budget, chalk paint, painted furniture, rustic furniture
Here are the "before" pictures of the piece....I forgot to take a picture of the entire piece before I got started stripping the top so I'm stuck with using the picture from the CL ad, but I did take a picture of the top (right side). It looks like it's in much better shape in the photos than it actually was...there were tons of scratches and discoloration to the wood,but I wanted to keep it as original as possible, while still giving it a new look.
The piece is made from pine, which doesn't always turn out as well when staining, but I went ahead and stripped down the top anyway and decided to give it a try. Here she is "in progress"!
I painted the base and also stained the "plaques" in the middle to match the top.
Unfortunately one of the original handles was broken beyond repair, so I decided to replace the top drawer row with two glass knobs I found at World Market.
Here she is all finished!
Beautiful, don't you think?! Totally Restoration Hardware style, but on a much smaller budget!
And, it's on sale now in my Etsy shop!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/190516939/rustic-industrial-antique-dresser-in?ref=shop_home_feat_3

Alchemy Home