Unwanted dresser turned into beautiful bench

I found this dresser on craigslist for $40. It was fairly beaten up, but I loved the structure. I decided it would make a perfect bench.
I cut off the top and reused it for the seat. Removed the top two rows of drawers. Lined the entire inside of the dresser with birch plywood. Added some trim around the top and to face off the plywood in the front. Then I stained all the new wood a dark color so that when I painted it I would be able to distress the paint down to the same color everywhere.
I even used one of the discarded drawers to make into a dog toy bin. Added four cute legs to raise it off the ground and give it a little "class".
Then I chalk painted the bench and distressed it and dark waxed it. I upholstered the seat in a beautiful earth tone paisley to match my living room. Now my English setters have a gorgeous bench that looks great and is super comfy too. And I got a storage drawer out of the deal.

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas

• Cindy
    Cindy

What an awesome idea. Thanks for sharing your clever transformation!
  • Carter
    Carter

Beautiful transformations! Love them!