Garden Makeover

$40

It's nice to finally see the warm weather arrive, I say that with a bit of sarcasm because it is June 23rd and a balmy 14 degrees Celsius! Not your typical summer weather here in Ontario. None the less my deck and garden around it were in desperate need of a makeover. At least I can say I didn't sweat doing this project. I sanded my deck and restrained it, and added lattice around the bottom as it was an eyesore. I had wood ties around my garden that were rotted and needed to be replaced. Found this great product that made my life easy.
Here is what I started out with. Pretty ugly right? I stained using Cabot Cordovan Brown semi transparent stain. Then added my lattice around the bottom.
Looks better already! Now to deal with the ties. First step is to remove them.
Once removed you are going to use these blocks. They are called concrete planter blocks. Notice they have slats cut out on all four sides this enables you to add your boards and add onto your garden. It also has a hole in the top so you can add blocks and secure with a metal rod. I purchased these at Home Depot for under $5.00 each and I used 4.
Place blocks where you want them to go, I had to notch out some of my lawn to keep in line where the existing ties were.
I had stained my boards using the same stain as my deck. They are 2×6×8. Measure the length and cut.
Slide into place, continue the same process, adding your blocks , measuring boards, cutting and sliding in.
This is it completed. I love how it looks and was so easy to do.
This is the top of the block, you can leave it, if I didn't already have solar lights I would have added them to the holes. Since I did I had a different idea to finish it off.
I went to Restore and found these 8×8 tiles for 25 cents each and placed them on top of each block. You can also finish off using wood laying onto top of blocks going from one block to the other.
Add flowers and enjoy!
I am so pleased with the way this turned out. Now to redo that rocking chair.......

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable

• Tammy Mullins
    Tammy Mullins

Where is the step down step???

• Melanie
      Melanie

It's to the right. Picture is dark and in the shade. I also have a ramp that runs from my back door along the house to the deck.

• Laura
    Laura

I love the project but now I’m stuck : get color to I do my boards : house is white shutters black ... Foundation brick ... Deck gray/blue but trim is white ....

i was thinking white but it right on the ground , then I was thinking a brick color - anyone have any ideas

• Barb
    Barb

Those are great to connect the boards, what store did you get them from?

I’m wanting to buy those but I think I would on spray paint the brown to match the board, this way you don’t have so my colors going on. Creative idea, ty👏🏼🌟

• Patty LeVasseur
      Patty LeVasseur

i think that is the MOST EASY FLEXABLE MANAGABLE CHEAP AWESOME idea that i have yet to see PERFECT ALL THE WAY AROUND !!!!!