Coloured Pencil Napkin Ring

$10

I was at a loose end, it was raining so I decided that I needed to find a project that I could do inside.

I went to the dollar shop and bought a couple of packs of coloured pencils and some superglue

I had a couple of pieces of plastic pipe left over from a plumbing job so using the superglue I glued 2 layers to the pipe

I then wrapped the whole thing up in cling film and baking paper (and later lots of tape) to make a tube sealed at the bottom

I mixed the 2 pack resin (which I had left over from another "experiment!" and poured it into my suposedly sealed former, it almost immediately started to leak!! Quelle suprise!

I grabbed a lid from a paint aerosol and stood the whole shebang in that -- luckily it was almost the perfect size

I then let it dry

About a month later I realised that I had forgotton all about this and I was tidying the garage when I saw it, so I stripped off the clingfilm and greaseproof paper to reveal this, as I had a couple of hours I chucked it in the lathe to see if I could make something of it

Firstly I turned the whole length (no pic, sorry), then using the bandsaw I cut a slice approximately the length I wanted.

I rounded off the ends and then sanded it down using 80 grit, progressing to 400 grit.

I used a couple of tapered bungs to allow me to mount it in the lathe

After it was sanded I applied a coule of coats of marine varnish, this will stop the pencil leads from marking the napkin, I will probably sand this one down again as there are a couple of marks I missed

Just 11 more to make!!

32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous