DECORATIVE PIECE USING COLOR SAMPLES

$45

Creating pieces by myself to decorate my home is one of the things which I am most passionate about. Many people think that things have to be expensive to look good, but that is totally false. You can create economical accessories which look as good or better than an expensive ones. Therefore, today I will be showing you a very interesting and easy DIY project.
Step 1. Choose the color samples you want to use for your piece, and cut them into squares of approximately  2″ x 2″ or 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
Step 2. You will need 24"x36" decorative metal sheet.
Step 3. Then cut the 1/8" Hardboard Tempered Panel to match the metal sheet.
step 4. Organize; decide the order in which your pieces are to be shown and then glue them to your 1/8″ panel. It is recommended to utilize an acid free spray glue (I used 3M super 77 spray adhesive) for it will conserve the color samples as they are and will not alter their color in time. 
Step 5. Cut the 4 pieces of wood and cut them into 45 degree angles thus forming what will become the frame for this simple, yet fabulous piece of art

Step 6. With a router, make a rabbet to all four wood pieces, like you see on the picture, to accommodate the metal sheet, paint chips and backing.

Step 5. Place the four pieces forming a rectangle. (the form depends of what metal sheet you are going to use) and then paint with Rust-oLeum spray paint.
Step 6. Place your decorative metal sheet inside the rabbet of the frame.

Step 7. Place the panel with the color samples on top of the metal sheet colors facing down towards the metal sheet, so you can see the colors through the holes of the metal sheet.
Step 8. Use framing nails or regular nails to secure the pieces inside the frame, then cover with framers tape to give your piece a finished look. 
And this is how it ended up
For more of my projects don't forget to visit us HERE

25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
DIY Tutoriales y mucho más

• Lisa

How are the rustoleum paint chips shown in the suggested materials section utilized?? It appears to be square paint samples used instead. TIA

• Flipturn

Folks from the UK may call them 'paint crisps' instead of 'paint chips.'

• Kristen Ojeda

What kind of staple gun did you use to join the corners of the frame that you made? It looks like the staples are in the shape of a "V." The project turned out beautifully.

• Thanks for the comment. Those staples are from a professional framing machine I have, but you can use any kind of fastener (nails, screws, etc), or you may opt for not cutting at 45° so as to make it easier to put together. Somebody also suggested using any existing frame you have around and just cutting the metal mesh to match. Good luck!

• Grace

Hello can anyone tell me what colours go with a 90's house as my hall way could do with updating be with a classic look. to go with the house.

• Tam

A lovely board and batten (white) with a matching (flowing) from what room came before you walked into the hallway (or a lighter shade/off shade) of that color.

• Veronica

So many different ways of making this personal and unique. Thanks for sharing.

• Val

I've got a leftover piece of that sheet metal, thank you for a cool idea!