DIY Backyard Movie Theatre Screen

$38

Make your very own outdoor movie theatre. This DIY PVC Pipe Movie Projector Screen is very easy to make, and great for FUN movie nights with your friends, and family.

EASY as 1,2,3!!!

You're going to need (4) 1 1/2in X10FT PVC Pipes, (6) 1 1/2 in Tees, (2) 1 1/2in Elbows, (4) 1 1/2in Caps(Optional), & a King Size King Sheet.

Fold Sheet in Half.

Use a 8Ft Pipe (Top of Screen) with attached Elbows to measure the Width of the Screen.

Cut excess Material.

Glue the Left & Right Side of Screen Shut.

Attach Pipes and Connectors together.

You are going to cut (4) 1 1/2in X10Ft Pipes as Follow:

(2) 8Ft, (2) 4Ft, (6) 2Ft. Connectors (4) 1 1/2 Tees, (2) 1 1/2 Elbows, & (4) 1 1/2 Caps (Optional).

Use (2) Elbows to Connect (1) 8ft Pipe to (2) 4Ft pipes (left, and right side of screen). Use (2) Tees to connect bottom of the screen (1) 8Ft, and leg stands (2) 2ft. Attach (2) Tees to the bottom of the leg stands, then attach remaining legs to each leg Stands (2) 2Ft Left + (2) 2Ft Right. Add caps.

Here's how it should look like! :)

Place sheet over frame.

Enjoy with your Friends & Family!!!

Make sure to check out my YouTube Channel for more :

http://www.youtube.com/c/TheTayraPerezProject

and follow me on social media:

IG: @thetayraperezproject

FB: Thetayraperezproject

TW:@tayraproject

WEB: thetayraperezproject.com

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!

To see more: https://youtu.be/Df48aRK25f8

• Dan20058763
    Dan20058763

What kind of projector do you use?

• Jan Scrogan
    Jan Scrogan

I’m wondering about the projector also. What kind and any details for projecting on the screen.

• Bycjeanmaq
    Bycjeanmaq

I was wondering if you would recommend putting sand in the base or if it’s sturdy enough on its own.

• Sheryle
    Sheryle

How do you get the movie from computer to the sheet

• Sarah Weeaks
      Sarah Weeaks

Did you find a answer

• Ashley James Lee
      Ashley James Lee

Curious 2

• Lucy Smith
      Lucy Smith

You definitely have to have or buy a projector as well as an HDMI cord to connect to a computer or DVD player.

• Remle Manny Rivera
      Remle Manny Rivera

They have projectors that fit in the palm of your hand, nowadays

• Tracy
      Tracy

They have outdoor projectors too versus indoor. You can buy them at Best Buy and some aren't too pricey.

• Jody Chance
      Jody Chance

Before you buy a projector, check and see how much a replacement bulb will cost. Bulbs are good for 100’s - 1000’s of hours BUT if you drop the projector the bulb will break. Some of the bulbs are in the $200-300 price range.

• Sheri Farley
    Sheri Farley

I am also wondering how you used the computer to a projector or do you have to buy one? But this a great idea!! I’ll be making this for my grand babies!! They will love it!! Thanks for the share!!

• Tammy
      Tammy

I use a projector and my Amazon fire stick. My fire stick is wifi. So if you have wifi, this will work.

Another option is to use a USB drive with your movie on it with a projector.

Good luck and have fun.

• Bianca
    Bianca

I just wanted to thank you for the tutorial. It was easy to follow and it came out Great! We're LOVE it! I use it on my deck, near the pool and the firepit. It's easy to travel with too if you have enough space in your car for 8ft poles!

• Linda Wells
    Linda Wells

Which side of the glass is facing the phone, I'm guesing it's Flat??

• Donnelda
      Donnelda

Pardon me, I am not sure what your question is..🌹🌹

• Lisa Sinclair
      Lisa Sinclair

You need to post this under reply, on the comment abt the phone. Then they will get an email that you commented, and see your question, and can answer you.

• Irvinia Maynard Hall
    Irvinia Maynard Hall

I wonder if it would hurt the sturdiness of it if the (2) 8ft pipes were made into (4) 4ft pipes with 2 extra connectors so it would be easier to store in a tote when not in use or take with you? Has anyone done this? Does it still stay erect?

• Lisa Sinclair
      Lisa Sinclair

I would say just try it. PVC pipe is so useful, that even if it doesn't work, just buy the 8 footers. You'll find a use for the 4' ones, in no time! Good luck!

• Denise Alatrista
    Denise Alatrista

My question is three fold,

1. Would a Queen size sheet work instead of a king.

2. If so, are the sides necessary to be glued/sewn for stabilizing the screen?

3. We get a lot of wind in our area, any suggestions for keeping the frame secure?

TIA

Denise

• Pam K
      Pam K

GLUE PIPES TO GETTHER PUT SAND IN THEM OR MOUNT IT TO WALL?, TRY TIE DOWNS JUST AN IDEA

• Rebecca Thomson
    Rebecca Thomson

You state you need 6 tees but it looks like you only used 4. Where do the other 2 go?

• Sharon
    Sharon

Any recommendations for projectors? Where do you get your movies for your projector?

• Nana d
      Nana d

Got my projector from amazon it’s wireless and has Netflix already loaded on it the size of a coke can. I think I gave $300-350.00 easy to use love it. A big hit with the grandkids. Watch tv outside. They, we, I love it.

• Dougal
      Dougal

Check out BenQ refurbished projector site. I have a BenQ projector and it’s amazing. Also for screen material check out Carlofet (dot) com and their black out cloth.

• Jacque
    Jacque

AM just bought an outside projector so guess what I will be making this weekend!!!! Should have known you would have the answer for a screen

• Pam K
    Pam K

PUT SAND IN LEGS AND TIE DOWNS, OR PUT ON A WALL THEN TAKE IT DOWN WHEN NOT BEING USED.